NERC Technology Forum and Workshop Summary 2012
The NERC Technology Forum will start at 10.00 on Monday 25 June and finish 16.00 on Wednesday 27 June.
NERC has held a very successful series of Technology Forums to enable Engineers and Technologists to present their work and encourage collaboration with others.
- For Engineers, Technologists and Scientists to present their work in technology and engineering to the NERC Community.
- To encourage collaboration and the development of new projects and activities.
- To provide attendees with an overview of funding opportunities and knowledge exchange programmes.
Presentations are encouraged in:
- Instrumentation, sensors and networks.
- IT and communications.
- Airborne and marine survey.
- Infrastructure including ships, and aircraft.
- Buildings, structures and services.
- Vehicles and plant
- Energy including renewable systems. Power supplies and applications.
- Technology and engineering systems and applications relevant to NERC’s Strategy.
As well as the full presentations, there will be a session for short talks of 5 minutes to encourage participation by those who have not had experience of giving talks.
As part of the Technology Forum, talks will be given on topics relevant to Engineers and Technologists.
- Funding – where to source funding for projects and how to make an applications.
- Knowledge exchange – How to ensure your developments and work are communicated to the wider community. Opportunities for working with industry and gaining rewards for innovation.
- NERC careers and promotion schemes.
Opportunities are being investigated to present work and new developments to industrial partners and others who may wish to work with NERC.
There will be a poster session for presentation of new ideas and applications. The poster session will be held on Tuesday 26th June late afternoon/evening.
Lunch and Conference Dinner
The event will include buffet lunch and refreshments. An optional conference dinner to include pre-dinner drinks and wine will be held on Tuesday 26th June at Robinson College for £35.00 per person.