HR Policies and Procedures
The BAS Human Resources team will be presenting policy, procedures and culture at pre-deployment training, giving some insight into life on base, and our expectations of you as an employee. The team will be available at break times to answers any questions you may have.
This page is also your reference guide to policies, and can be accessed whilst on base for reference. Hard copies of these policies can be obtained through HR. Alternatively, please speak to any member of the team should you wish to discuss any policy.
- FAQs Human Resources (.pdf, 101KB)
- FAQs British Antarctic Territory (BAT) Tax (.pdf, 114KB)
- Next of Kin - Information on Personal Communications (.pdf, 170KB)
- Expenses claim form for non employees (electronic version with formulas) (.xls, 84KB)
- Expenses claim form for non employees (printable version (.xls, 46KB)
- AEP guidelines for claiming Travel and Subsistence expenses (.pdf, 140KB)
- BAS Policy on Alcohol and Drugs (.pdf, 125KB)
- NERC Grievance Policy (.pdf 43KB)
- BAS Antarctic Employment Pool (AEP) Probation period policy (.pdf, 60KB)
- NERC Capability Policy (.pdf, 60KB)
- NERC Discipline Policy (.pdf, 63KB)
- BAS Telephone/Internet Usage and Monitoring at Work Policy (.pdf, 82KB)
- BAS Policy on second consecutive winters for Antarctic contract (AEP) staff (.pdf, 22KB)